It looks like a simple card, but it is much more than that... Result of a pioneer partnership with Santander Totta Bank, the U.Porto Card is a "smart card" that integrates different technologies, contact and contactless, which allow access to a wide range of features and services and services within the university campus (loans in libraries, access control, etc.).
The U.Porto Card is used for:
- Identification as a member of the U.Porto academic community;
- Access to loans in the University libraries;
- Authentication in printing equipment (when available);
- Identification in car parks and buildings (when available);
- Identification in SASUP services (food and self-service launderettes).
The U.Porto Card also grants the bearer access to exclusive advantages in services/initiatives promoted by the University and partner institutions.