A visit to U.Porto is not complete without a visit to the University’s vast array of museum spaces and valuable collections, the structuring, promotion and publicising of which we consider a top priority.
While the University of Porto’s museum spaces are educational in nature, they also serve as ties between the University’s various teaching and research communities, as well as to the city of Porto itself.
This is why we give thousands of people the chance to discover our “treasures” every year, providing them with the opportunity to learn about the history of Medicine, Science or Pharmacy through centuries-old objects.
Aside from the museums, the entire community is invited to breathe in the fresh air of the historic Porto Botanical Garden, to travel through space at the Porto Planetarium, and to explore the University’s many other cultural and scientific exhibition spaces, all well worth a visit.
The University currently has the following museum spaces open to the community:
- Natural History and Science Museum
- Museum of the Faculty of Fine Arts
- Prof. Maximiano Lemos Medicine History Museum | Faculty of Medicine
- Museum of the Prof. J.A. Pires de Lima Institute of Anatomy | Faculty of Medicine
- Prof. Nuno Grande Anatomy Museum | ICBAS
- "Casa dos Livros" / FLUP
- FEUPmuseum | Faculty of Engineering
- Museum of the Faculty of Pharmacy
- Abel Salazar House Museum
- Marques da Silva Foundation
- Porto Planetarium – Ciência Viva Centre