The connection between the U.Porto and the media is ensured by the different communication and public relations services existing in the faculties, research centres and other organisms of the institution.
At a central level, this connection is managed by the Communication and Image Service of the Rectorate of the U.Porto, which is responsible for the following services
- Advising the Rector and the entire Rectorial team;
- Answer to information requests about topics related to the University of Porto
- Scheduling and monitoring of reports;
- Sending Press Releases;
- Dissemination of comments and official statements;
- Identification and contact with specialists on current affairs, in the most varied areas;
- Management of photo sessions;
- Providing images for use by the media;
The different communication offices at the University collaborate with each other through the Communication and Image Service of the University of Porto Rectory.