In the pursuit of the objective of affirming U.Porto as a Research University, it is the University's responsibility to guarantee an effective stimulus to the development of research and innovation, guided by a series of its own regulations that guide its R&D activities and processes.
- Regulation of the Research, Science and Technology Staff of the University of Porto
Establishes the rules for the hiring, creation and regulation of the career of research, science and technology staff at the University of Porto.
- University of Porto Research Grant Regulations
Regulates the selection, hiring and legal regime applicable to research fellows directly or indirectly funded by the U.Porto.
- Regulation of the Qualification Tests for the Exercise of Functions of Scientific Coordination of the University of Porto
- Open Access Policy Regulation of the University of Porto
- Intellectual Property Regulations of the University of Porto
Besides the internal regulations, there are several other external regulations relevant to the activities of the scientific community of the U.Porto.