Before you start any process, it is important that you know the following:
- You should start by completing the application form, available only online, with the utmost care and accuracy. Confirm that your personal and qualification information is correct, because this is the information that will appear on the recognition registration certificate and cannot be changed later (the deadlines for recognition requests only start after the payment, being suspended in case of missing documentation; consult the University of Porto Fees Table to confirm the associated costs).
- Documents issued in a foreign language other than Spanish, French or English must be submitted with a certified translation into Portuguese or one of the three foreign languages mentioned above.
- If you want to convert your final classification into the Portuguese scale, you should request a document from your home higher education institution stating the final classification awarded, the applicable scale and the minimum positive mark.
- All documents that are not submitted in their original version, that cannot be publicly consulted or that do not have a digital signature must be authenticated by the competent authorities for that purpose:
- in the country where the document was issued, with The Hague Apostille or authenticated by the Portuguese Consulate;
- in Portugal, by one of the following entities: CTT, notaries, lawyers, solicitors, registry offices, parish councils and chambers of commerce and industry.
- All digital documents must be in PDF format (.pdf).