It is important to take into account the communication needs of the group when choosing a videoconference solution.
All institutional computers are appropriately equipped for the videoconference solutions presented. They support all features and have total logistical and operational autonomy.
It is a great solution for informal communications without specific requirements. You can share screens, files, chat 1-to-1 and use instant messaging. It is also suitable for informal video or audio calls.
Skype is installed in all institutional computers, since it is a part of the Windows operating system. You can also use the web version of Skype.
To start a videoconference, you only need to know the person's address and use a laptop.
It was designed to ensure collaboration through an integrated system that includes web conferences, group messaging, and online meetings. You can manage breakout sessions and create URLs for individual connections. This allows you to adapt the configuration of the service to the requirements in each case. It is also possible to create interactions between the presenter and the participants through features like the virtual raised hand. In this case, the organiser has control over the sound and the presentations. The chat feature can be used to ensure a collaborative environment.
By using the Zoom platform, FCCN provides a Web collaboration system to the RCTS community for distance learning and remote meetings, known as Colibri.
It is available
- as a desktop application for Windows, Mac or Linux.
- as a mobile application for iOS or Android.
- on rooms equipped with the H.323/SIP system.
- Go to Colibri - Remote collaboration.
- Log in using your institutional username in the format up@[institution].up.pt.
- Choose the Pro service - Only one of the meeting promoters needs to choose the Pro service. The others can join using the link provided by the promoter.
- Follow the remaining instructions on the website.
- The numbers represent your student/mechanographic number and "institution" represents your home institution (cdup, arq, fade, fb, fc, fcna, direito, fe, fep, ff, fmd, fpce, icbas, letras, med, reit, sas or sp).