U.Porto provides Wi-Fi access to the eduroam network as long as the user status in the Information System is "active" or "attending". Alternatively, other Wi-Fi solutions can be provided with broader access. These are occasionally used during events.
Accessing the eduroam network should not cause problems since almost all equipment is compatible with the technical standards required. If you have any difficulties, you can automatically configure your device.
Automatic connection to the eduroam network
- Select the eduroam network in your device;
- Enter the login in the format up@[institution].up.pt and the password of the Information System;
- Click on the "Connect" button.
Manual connection to eduroam network
Be aware of the following parameters:
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, WPA2-AES e 802.1X.
- The numbers represent your student/mechanographic number and "institution" represents your home institution (cdup, arq, fade, fba, fc, fcna, direito, fe, fep, ff, fmd, fpce, icbas, letras, med, reit, sas or sp).