Installing the automatic configurator
- Choose the Windows VPN L2TP/IPsec automatic configurator according to your institution and the Windows operating system (32/64 bits);
- Extract the downloaded file;
- Execute the automatic configurator and select the "Yes" option when asked if you want to install a VPN;
- Select the "All users" option and check the "Add a shortcut on the desktop" option (if you wish);";
- Click on "OK"
- The installation finishes when the "Network Connections" window and the "VPN Authentication" window appear;
- If you chose the option on the screenshot, a shortcut will also be added to your desktop to indicate the VPN connection installed.
Connecting to the VPN
- In the "VPN Authentication" window, insert a username in the format up@[institution].up.pt and the password of the Information System.
- Click on "Connect";
- To save the access data of the VPN connection, check the "Save password" option;
- If the connection is established, the status is described as "Connected" after selecting the "Network" option.
If the connection is not established, select the "Properties" option in the "VPN Authentication" window and check if the configuration options selected are the following:
- Select "I am already connected to the Internet");
- "Settings saved as" Home <default>;
Next, click on "OK";
Windows VPN L2TP / IPsec Automatic Configurator by institution Institution 32 bits Configurator 64 bits Configurator FAUP faup_32bits.zip faup_64bits.zip FBAUP fbaup_32bits.zip fbaup_64bits.zip FADEUP fadeup_32bits.zip fadeup_64bits.zip FCNAUP fcnaup_32bits.zip fcnaup_64bits.zip FDUP fdup_32bits.zip fdup_64bits.zip FEP fep_32bits.zip fep_64bits.zip FEUP feup_32bits.zip feup_64bits.zip FFUP ffup_32bits.zip ffup_64bits.zip ICBAS icbas_32bits.zip icbas_64bits.zip FMDUP fmdup_32bits.zip fmdup_64bits.zip FMUP fmup_32bits.zip fmup_64bits.zip FPCEUP fpceup_32bits.zip fpceup_64bits.zip REITORIA reitoria_32bits.zip reitoria_64bits.zip SPUP spup_32bits.zip spup_64bits.zip SASUP sasup_32bits.zip sasup_64bits.zip
- To check the type of operating system, write "settings" in the Windows 10 search box and click on the result of the search. In "Settings", select the "System" option. Next, select the "About" option and check the type of the operating system.
- The numbers represent your student/mechanographic number and "institution" represents your home institution (cdup, arq, fade, fba, fc, fcna, direito, fe, fep, ff, fmd, fpce, icbas, letras, med, reit, sas or sp).