The Centre counts with seven lab facilities supporting five Research Groups that conduct basic and applied research on main psychological and social dimensions of human life:
- Culture, Normativity and Diversity (Social Psychology Lab & Work Psychology Atelier).
- Development and Education (Centre for Educational Psychology and Child Education).
- Relational Dynamics, Change Processes and Well-Being (Psychotherapy Lab & Psychosocial Rehabilitation Lab).
- Neurocognition and Language (Speech Lab).
- Human Sexuality (Sexlab).
The Groups participate in international networks and bring together complementary methods, techniques, and expertise. Though specialized in their thematic topics, the Groups interact over research projects of common interest that try to answer to UN’s 2030 Sustainable Development Goals.
Its mission driven by current challenges also translates into the Centre closely collaborating with other stakeholders, including educational institutions, health facilities, NGOs and other civil actors, local and national authorities. The fruitful collaborations grant the Centre a broad-scale platform to develop, assess and implement meaningful psychological interventions on diverse domains; to advocate for diversity and social justice; and to impact policy making.