The Council of Representatives is responsible for:
- Elect the Director of FPCEUP and assess the acts of the Director and the Executive Council;
- Approve amendments to the FPCEUP Statutes
- Approve proposals for strategic plans and activities;
- Propose initiatives that it considers necessary for the good functioning of the FPCEUP, such as the creation, merger, transformation and extinction of FPCEUP research structures.
The full list of the Director's competences can be found in Article 13 of the FPCEUP statutes.
The Council of Representatives is elected for a period of four years and composed of 15 members.
The current mandate started in 2022 and is chaired by Professor Conceição Nogueira.
The Director is responsible for:
- Administer and manage the FPCEUP in all matters that are not the reserved competence of other bodies and ensure its normal operation;
- Chairing the Executive Council;
- Represent the FPCEUP before the University bodies and externally.
The complete list of the director's competences can be found in Article 19 of the FPCEUP statutes.
The director is elected for a period of four years. The current mandate began on 24 October 2022.
The current director of the FPCEUP is Professor Pedro Nobre.
The Executive Council is responsible for:
- Assist the director in the exercise of his/her competences;
- Exercise the competences delegated to it by the University Management Board.
The complete list of the competences of the Executive Council is given in Article 22 of the FPCEUP Statutes.
Its mandate coincides with that of the Director.
The Executive Council has five members: the Director, who presides, the Sub-Director, the President of the Scientific Council, the President of the Pedagogical Council and one other member.
The Scientific Council of FPCEUP is responsible for:
- Elaborate and approve the proposal of FPCEUP's strategic and action plans and plan of scientific activities of FPCEUP and its research structures;
- Propose the creation, transformation or extinction of departments, study cycles and research structures to the Director;
- To pronounce on the creation, merger, transformation, and extinction of research structures of the FPCEUP;
- Propose the concession of honorific titles or distinctions, the institution of awards and the execution of international agreements and partnerships;
- Propose the composition of the juries of academic examinations and competitions;
- Give its opinion on the recruitment of teaching and research staff.
The full list of the Scientific Council's competences can be found in Article 25 of the FPCEUP Statutes.
The Scientific Council is elected for a period of four years, composed of 17 members, and the current mandate started in 2022.
The Pedagogical Council is responsible for:
- To pronounce on the proposals of the strategic plans and the action plan of FPCEUP;
- Propose and pronounce on the pedagogical guidelines and the teaching and assessment methods;
- Promoting the conduct, analysis and dissemination of surveys on the FPCEUP pedagogical performance;
- Assess complaints regarding pedagogical failures and propose the measures deemed necessary;
- Pronounce on the creation of study cycles in which the FPCEUP participates and respective study plans;
- To pronounce on the FPCEUP academic calendar and examination schedules.
The full list of the Pedagogical Council's competences is in Article 30 of the FPCEUP Statutes.
The Pedagogical Council is elected for a period of four years and composed of 16 members.
The current mandate started in 2022 and is chaired by Professor Albino Lima.
FPCEUP is subject to the supervision of the supervisory body of the University of Porto.