FCUP's institutional strategy for quality and its policy of continuous improvement follow the principles and lines of action of U. Porto in these matters. The commitment to quality and excellence is permanent and is evident in all areas of its activity.
FCUP's commitment to quality covers all areas of activity. In addition to excellent training, FCUP is committed to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) of the 2030 Agenda and to a set of good practices in different areas:
- Ethics: FCUP's management is governed by ethical principles that cover all areas of its activity. It follows the U. Porto Code of Ethics for Academic Conduct, a fundamental instrument in the development of the best pedagogical, scientific and civic practices;
- Security: FCUP's Security Team is made up of employees and members of other entities who, in addition to ensuring compliance with security measures, provide training and education to ensure the smooth running of the faculty;
- Equality: FCUP is fully aligned with U.Porto in its commitment to equality, inclusion and recognition of diversity, as well as with the U.Porto Gender Equality Plan;
- Work-Family Reconciliation: FCUP's management seeks to ensure the adoption of good practices to promote a balance between the professional, family and personal lives of its community. In this area, too, it is fully aligned with U.Porto and the principles of the Conciliation Portal.
The Institutional Assessment and Quality Office provides support to FCUP's management with regard to the quality assurance system, as well as monitoring, organizing and supervising the assessment and accreditation processes.
All of FCUP's degree courses are accredited by the Higher Education Assessment and Accreditation Agency (A3ES).
The Faculty of Sciences, as a School of Excellence in Science, Research, Technology and Innovation, has made a continuous commitment to quality, which has made a strong contribution to the overall positioning of the University of Porto in the main international academic rankings.
- QS World University Rankings 2023
- The Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) - Shanghai Ranking 2022
- Times Higher Education (THE) 2023