The Research, Technology and Innovation Support Services (SAITI) support the research, technology development and innovation activities of FCUP's partner research units, in conjunction with the Technology and Innovation Transfer Centre (FCUP-INOVA) and the External Services Centre (FCUP-PSE).
SAITI promotes the participation of FCUP's scientific community in projects, programmes and networks, and the valorisation of the knowledge produced, supporting the protection of intellectual property, the valorisation and transfer of knowledge to companies, and the creation of technological spin-offs, in collaboration with U.Porto Inovação and UPTEC.
SAITI supports research by:
- Promoting and supporting the attraction of competitive R&D and R&TD funding at national and international level;
- Promoting and supporting participation in international R&D and R&TD research and innovation networks;
- Promote and support the transfer of knowledge and the provision of services and consultancy to companies;
- Supporting activities related to intellectual property (drawing up and registering invention patents) and the transfer of technology to society;
- Supporting the creation of spin-off companies;
- Mapping and managing information related to research and innovation activities, in the context of an institutional strategy framed within the major societal challenges.
Consult the information on procedures within the scope of SAITI: