EIT HEALTH HUB PORTO
Your EIT Health partner in the North of Portugal
The University of Porto is represented in EIT Health as a member of the Innostars community. EIT Health InnoStars brings together 21 Core and Associate Partners from the more progressive regions within European countries where the overall pace of innovation is still moderate. It promotes healthcare innovation with competitions, education, support to start-ups, conferences and many other activities. As a Hub in this community, U.Porto is dedicated to the development of the local innovation ecosystem and is implementing several activities to help students, researchers and entrepreneurs to find the best way to develop their hard and soft skills and to successfully translate their ideas into the market.
Previous initiatives include:
- Support in the implementation of a multi-stakeholder collaborative Lab in the region
- Organisation/participation in events to promote start-up visibility to international investors – Health Venture Forum and Entreprenow
- Support to the Alumni community of EIT Health in the region
- Innovation days – challenge-solving bootcamps for students
- Informative sessions on EIT Health opportunities
- Think tank-like events for the share of challenges and knowledge within the regional ecosystem
This year, we intend to continue all these activities and also:
- Create a proof-of-concept funding scheme for Digital Health solutions
- Engage the students in more challenge-solving activities, especially in the areas of Community Engagement in Healthcare
- Provide more networking opportunities for local actors
Ever since he was a kid, António Bandeira, claimed he would become a researcher and create something new in a world where everything had already been invented (shortly after the…
Cyanoflan helps your skin regenerate better, protects it, and is eco-friendly. A greener future in health starts here. There is a growing request by users, researchers, and decision-makers for greener…
Valor vai permitir à Wisify Tech continuar a desenvolver o Lipowise, um dispositivo invoador que permite avaliar a gordura corporal de forma mais prática e eficaz.
A University of Porto researcher who won the EIT Health StarShip Programme in 2018 with his team, became one of the winners of the Portuguese 2018 Youth Participatory Budget.