Updated measures to contain COVID-19 in PortugalRaul Santos
The Portuguese Government Resolution 25-A/2022, published on February 18, 2022, updated some of the measures implemented to contain the spread of SARS-CoV-2 infection in the population.
Although this update does not significantly change what is defined in the U.Porto Contingency Plan, we summarize the main measures now in effect:
- There is no longer occupancy limits in all public spaces;
- Those who have had contact with anyone infected with SARS-CoV-2 are no longer obliged to confinement;
- Working from home is no longer recommended;
- It is no longer allowed to take body temperature measurements to workers, students and visitors, for the purposes of access and stay at the U.Porto.
However, the academic community must:
- Maintain individual risk prevention measures, such as respiratory protection and measures, the use of isolated masks and avoid large gatherings of people;
- Assure the ventilation of spaces and the hygiene of surfaces, as defined in the U.Porto Contingency Plan;
- Whenever symptoms related to the infection and/or doubts arise about the possibility of having contracted the SARS-CoV-2 infection, refrain from traveling to the U.Porto before performing a diagnostic test;
- Consider vaccinating against COVID-19, according to the scheme defined by the Portuguese Health Authorities.